Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 164

Thread: I voted, how about you?

  1. #51
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Cherie, I hope no one misunderstood on the draft reinstatement issue. I didn't say it would happen, but it could be a strong possibility if the war in the middle east escalates. This isn't just an Iraq issue. I've been watching the national news closely lately and already noticed air strikes have been increased. We'll never know exactly what's going on as far as military stratagies and how many strikes have actually been carried out. The military doesn't release those figures in accuracy and rightfully so. You don't want to tell your enemy what you're doing. Forewarned is forearmed.
    I've got my fingers and toes crossed there won't ever be another draft. That would be the equivalent of saying, welcome to Armageddon.

  2. #52
    SCHEMESofNEON
    Guest SCHEMESofNEON's Avatar

    Post

    The first thing our country needs to do is FIX how we vote.....i've seen states still using the OLD voting method! Every states need to be updated on their machines we ALL need to be on ONE system.they should of known better after what happend in Florida the last time.
    that there should of told them something!!!!

    CURRIE/JETT 2008
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  3. #53
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    And as a perfect GOD, Well, I for one really just wonder what kind of GOD we have to have all this pain in this world that only gets worse and worse. I really just wonder who really is in the drivers seat in Heaven? So, I guess I'm NOT to be trusted then am I? Hahaha...

    Hmm, the age-old question. Why does God allow suffering. The only answer I've ever been able to determine by logic is: Everything is meant to have balance. What we percieve to be evil may well be part of that balance. I know that doesn't hold water for most people, but it's the best I could ever determine. Bad times are when the best come from within good people that care-like Cherie and Joan.

  4. #54
    amusicalguy
    Guest amusicalguy's Avatar

    Post

    I pray every day that ALL our millitary and civilians come home safely from Iraq & wherever our troops are in harms way!
    NYJ I feel sorry for you if you don't believe that there is a perfect God in charge of the entire universe! Thank God I was raised in a Christian family that knows who is in control. Just because bad things happen to good people doesn't mean that God is not in charge. I do not have all the answers to life's problems, but I DO know that my faith in God has seen me through VERY difficult times in my life and continues to each and every day of my life.
    I have no problem in discussing political issues with anyone anywhere, but I DO have a problem when people use bogus "reports" as the truth to put down good people!!!
    Cherie...you most of all, after having lived a less than enjoyable life for many years (yes I did read your book), should be able to spot lies and truth a little better then you obviously do! Maybe that's why you made some very unwise choices so far in your life?
    Anyway, I apparently am the odd man out in this group...so I will not post another word here as it seems what I say isn't cared for or appreciated!
    It's a shame that so called "liberal thinking people" aren't nearly as open minded as most so called "conservatives" that I've met are!!!
    Ciao! [img]cool.gif[/img]

  5. #55
    amusicalguy
    Guest amusicalguy's Avatar

    Post

    I'm sorry NYJ...that should've read Iowa Farmboy about not realizing there's a perfect God controlling the universe and NOT NYJ!!!
    Why forget about this election?? Well don't if that's what you want to do...who cares?? If you don't like the results, then you have the next 4 years to make changes so that what you want will win next time. That's the way our system works. Anyway, it's YOUR life...live it the way you want, but don't complain when your life isn't what you want. Life is tough, but that's what makes the good times so good! Cheers! ...the future's so bright I gotta wear my shades... [img]cool.gif[/img]

  6. #56
    SCHEMESofNEON
    Guest SCHEMESofNEON's Avatar

    Post

    AMG- don't feel that your the "odd man "" here. and that everyone dosen't care what you or anyone else has to say...everyone going to have there diffences of opinion on something or another- after all thats what makes us ALL unique- were NEVER going to be agreeable on EVERYTHING -

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #57
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Frankly, I think bringing up Cherie's choices, as you did, was quite callous amg. I'm sorry you did that!
    It's true that some of us here are not hannitized dittoheads but nobody put you down personally. Your insistance that we be good Americans and shut our mouths and tow the line is a bit much too really!
    I read all of those links Cherie provided and find way too much truth to ignore.

    This great land, begun by people who refused to just roll over and take it when they disagreed with their king, is far to precious for US to just roll over and take it now, or ever. If America is to survive as a democratic republic we must be vigilant and not blindly follow anyone!

    <marquee>Great leaders are rare, so I'm following myself!</marquee>

    Keep 'em coming Cherie! We are ALL in the mainstream the way I see it. Even the so called red states had 45 to 49.9 percent of their people voting for Mr. Kerry. The color code was started as a way to show newswatchers who was the projected winner of each state and not as a way for the president-elect to claim a mandate!
    Kerry won overwhelmingly here in Tucson but Arizona went to Bush. Does that mean we live in oblivion here? I don't think I could accept that!!!

    PEACE
    Gus

    PS On the religion deal. God gave man free will and it saddens God when people choose to be evil! That's my opinion anyway! Amen

  8. #58
    Inactive Member sparklelynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2002
    Posts
    415
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Ya Know Cherie - all this stuff just breaks my heart - I really do love the USA and when stuff like this happens it just kills me. [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] I used one of the electronic machines here. Everyone should be allowed to re-vote. Each person deserves to have their vote count the way they meant it to. [img]frown.gif[/img] If the system is flawed - we need to re-vote.

  9. #59
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree as well re-vote

  10. #60
    Inactive Member Sportyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2004
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How come it's always a voting problen? Hanging chad, Electric machines going haywire? Don't you think if there was that much a problem people would be up in arms about it?
    It's a shame that so many people listen to the media to form their opinion, rather than check out the facts. I remember when the news showed the rebuilding that we were doing in Iraq. Then the election crept closer and suddenly any good was swept under the rug for a nightly body count. Yes it's terrible when anyone's son/brother/father or husband/wife etc dies in this war. But that is the face of war. Everyone that's in the military now volunteered so we wouldn't have to continue with a draft. They went in knowing that there is possible danger involved. You volunteer to go in for whatever reason and pray like **** you never see combat. But the chance it there.
    Obviously certain people forget that we were attacked first. And should we be in Iraq? I don't know, but when I read of a mass grave unearthed and one of the dead is a child still holding a toy with a bullet hole to the back of the head, I have to believe we're doing the right thing. No WMD? Oops our bad. Should we reinstate Saddam? We could you know. Like it or not we're the country that world looks for to take care of its problems. xx Are you one of those liberals that're foaming that Bush was reelected? Isn't it wonderful that you can vent your frustration however you want (even to make a movie) and not be sent to a gulag? It's clich?d but true. Freedom isn't free folks. It's paid for by the blood of those willing to stand up for it. Not only ours. Think of all the Iraqi police that have paid the ultimate price so that their country gets a chance at what we take for granted. Don't care about the Iraqi people? Hate 'em in fact? Good, you've passed the same type of requirements that Hitler used for the nazi party. Congratulations.
    Sportyfan
    Sparklelynx be safe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic